When You Should Call a Plumber
Deciding to jump into a major home plumbing project without the proper know-how can result in major property damage, thousands of pounds in repairs, and even personal injury.
If you run into any of the following problems with your home plumbing system, it is time to get in contact with East Sussex plumbers.
- Low Water Pressure: Poor pipe design, pipe obstructions, or city supply issues could always play a part in dripping showers and sinks. A professional plumber will be able to recognise the source safely and provide appropriate solutions.
- Lack of Hot Water: If you are not receiving any hot water to your home, the issue is typically with your water heater. This can arise from a variety of issues from minor component defects to entire system failures. Because water heaters involve electrical systems, it’s a good idea to call a plumber or a specialty technician to handle the job effectively.
- Pipe Blockages: Regular backups are often signs of a blocked sewer line. This can be caused by non-flushable items, sediment buildup, or even tree roots. Attempting to clear blockages yourself can lead to permanent damage and thousands in repair costs.
- Burst Pipes: This can often occur when a frozen water line expands and causes a pipe to break. This can cause major flooding and thousands in water damage. This is considered an emergency situation in which a plumber should be notified immediately.
- Major Installations: Since plumbing deals with the structural integrity of your home, you’ll want the expertise of a plumber for the installation of all major fixtures and appliances.