5 Reasons Why you Should Replace your Windows and Doors
Of all the home improvements one can make, replacing the windows and doors with modern double glazed units is perhaps the wisest of all, as it gives the homeowner many benefits, which include a significant rise in the property’s value, among many others. If your property is looking a little drab, or you are fed up with the ever increasing fuel bills, here are just a few of the benefits you can expect to receive when you install replacement windows and doors.
- Fuel Savings of up to 40% – Yes, double glazing really does save you money on winter fuel bills, and with no more annoying draughts, the room temperature is much more even. If you like to think of yourself as an eco-friendly homeowner, double glazing is the obvious choice, and rather than losing the majority of your heat, you can enjoy a reduction in fuel costs.
- Transform the Exterior – With the right design, replacement windows and doors can be a stunning addition that highlights the strong points of the property, and whatever the design, windows and doors can be tailored to suit. If you happen to live in chilly Scotland, SRJ Windows are the ideal company to contact, and with their expertise, your home will take on a completely new look.
- Improve Home Security – Any residence with traditional softwood windows is an easy target for an intruder, and these are the homes they target. Once a burglar encounters double glazing, he simply moves on, making it the best deterrent possible, and with double, or even triple locking mechanisms in place, forced entry is next to impossible.
- Improve Sound Insulation – Wherever you live, there will be a certain level of exterior noise, and double glazing can dramatically reduce this. The sound of a neighbour’s lawn mower on a Sunday morning will suddenly disappear, and if you happen to live near a main road or railway line, triple glazing offers an even higher level of sound insulation. This is something you would not notice until it has been eliminated, and a majority of homeowners do comment on how much quieter things are after the installation.
- Add Value to the Property – When you consider that your home is likely to be the biggest single investment you will ever make, it makes sense to improve it whenever possible, and replacing the windows and doors will add significant value to any residence, and it the installation is well designed, and in keeping with the original look, the value could increase substantially. Aluminium or uPVC ensure a maintenance free environment, and with a long product warranty, you can expect many years of trouble-free use.
If all of the above doesn’t convince you to go ahead now, consider just how expensive it will be in 4 or 5 years from now, and with an online search, you can quickly source a reliable local company who can design, build and install the perfect set of windows and doors.